"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." - Bilbo Baggins

Thursday, March 5, 2009

What to Fear?

It has almost been a year since Jerry had his surgery, now he lies on his death bed. Last night at the hospital was the closest to death I have ever been. Death is the penalty we must pay for our sins, it is a part of the curse. I have wrestled with my mortality for a long, long time, fearing death, fearing things other than the Lord Almighty. Psalm 2:11 says to "Serve the Lord with fear", I have feared other things. The Holy Spirit has been working on my heart in this are for the last couple of years, through various experiences, thoughts, conversations and through His Word. Last night was a release for me to no longer fear death. Death is not our friend, it is the price we pay for our sins. As I have said before we will all experience death, what I fear more now than death is that I won't hear the words "Well done good and faithful servant". I want to serve the Lord(I don't mean beyond what I do daily in life), obey His commands, honor him in all that I do. Death has been overcome by the Cross, where o'death is your sting?

No comments: