"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." - Bilbo Baggins

Sunday, August 30, 2009

How Time Flies

It never ceases to amaze me how the older you get the faster time seems to go by. I can remember my grandma (who we affectionately called "Kiddo") would say that time goes by so fast when I would get impatient waiting at her house to go home for Thanksgiving. See when I was younger I would spend the week before Thanksgiving over at my great-aunt Estelle's house. Then on Thanksgiving day we would go over to Kiddo's house. Kiddo always made the turkey. From there we would then head back over to my house. Thanksgiving was also when we would celebrate my birthday, so I always looked forward to getting home to get my gifts. Well anyway I took the long way around to reflect over the past year. It amazes me how much the boys have changed. You can check out my beautiful wife's blog at: shannonaprille.blogspot.com for events over the past year. We are coming up on the one year mark where Shannon and I were able to take a trip out to the southwest where I had a conference in Las Vegas and then came back home through Colorado. I will post some pictures in a few days. I admit I hated Las Vegas, it truly is Sin City; however that place is surrounded by some very beautiful country. I just cannot believe it has been a year since we took that trip.

Now I can't slow down time. As Shannon's post http://shannonaprille.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-know-i-cantbut-i-wish-i-could.html says, I know I can't but I wish I could. Enjoy the moment, love your kids, time is short.

No comments: